Terms & Conditions
Our goal is to provide you with all necessary information regarding what to expect throughout the retreat experience. Please carefully review the following information for the Healers Academy.
By registering for the Retreat (hereinafter known as the “Retreat”), the client that made the booking (hereinafter known as the “Attendee”) agrees to the following terms and conditions.
- Payments: To reserve your place on the Retreat, please submit your payments by the agreed upon due date(s). Deposits and all payments due are non-refundable but can be transferred to another person with written notice and approval by Sojourn Healing Collective.
- 4 Payments of $575
- Please Note: This Payment Reserves your Retreat Experience & meals. Reserve your accommodations directly with Rocas Retreats.
- All prices are per/person in USD.
- Cancellations: If you wish to cancel your retreat, you must notify Sojourn Healing Collective in writing. If you choose to cancel at any point, all payments made by the Attendee will be forfeited. If you do not submit full payment 30 days before the retreat, and do not cancel your registration or respond to our communication, Sojourn Healing Collective retains the right to charge the remaining balance due to the credit card provided and release your spot. Any amount forfeited, which has not been paid to Sojourn Healing Collective by you, will be recovered from you by Sojourn Healing Collective as a debt due and payable.
- Refunds: No refunds will be given.
- Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend travel insurance to protect the costs of your trip in the case of injury, illness, cancellation of the retreat due to unforeseen circumstances, or inability to attend for other reasons. We suggest that you include “cancel for any reason” with your policy. We recommend you purchase travel insurance that includes medical coverage. We recommend purchasing insurance within 1-2 weeks after making your first trip payment (ie. flight or retreat reservation) to secure the best price and coverage.
- Changes: Sojourn Healing Collective reserves the right to make any changes deemed necessary by our team or partners. In the event that we need to make a last-minute change to the venue, the teacher, the itinerary, or any aspect of the retreat due to unforeseen circumstances (covid-19, natural disaster, illness, civil unrest, death, closure or any other unforeseen circumstance), Sojourn Healing Collective is not responsible for reimbursing you or refunding you for any amount paid if you decide to cancel based on these changes.
- Cancellation by Company: Sojourn Healing Collective reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked in which case you will be given a full refund of any and all payments made to Sojourn Healing Collective. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation.
- Acknowledgement of Risks: Although Sojourn Healing Collective has taken reasonable steps to ensure safety, acknowledge that this activity has risks, including certain risks which cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of this activity. The same elements that contribute to the unique character of this activity can cause loss or damage to the Participant including accidental injury, illness or in extreme cases, permanent trauma, disability or death and also can cause damage to or loss of property.
Throughout the trip, participants are responsible for their own safety. I (the Attendee) acknowledge and understand that the Retreat includes risks of injury or death to participants.
I understand the description above of these risks is not complete and that other unknown or unanticipated risks may result in property loss, injury or death. I agree to assume responsibility for the inherent risks identified herein and those inherent risks not specifically identified. I acknowledge that participation in this activity is purely voluntary, no one is forcing participation and participation is elected with full knowledge of the inherent risks.
- Release and Waiver of Liability: By accepting this Agreement, I (the “Attendee”) represent that I have no physical conditions or medical precautions which would adversely affect my ability to take part in the Retreat. I acknowledge and agree that I have voluntarily applied to participate in the practice of breath work, yoga, meditation, fitness, sound healing, massage, and/or Reiki (collectively, the “Activities”) at a Retreat organized and executed by Sojourn Healing Collective, LLC. By agreeing to the terms outlined in this Agreement, I hereby release and discharge my rights and claims for damages or liabilities that may occur as a result of participation at the Retreat, including but not limited to damages as a result of unexpected occurrences including those from weather, local political situations, wildlife or uncontrollable acts of God, including the risk of death. I release Sojourn Healing Collective including its owners, directors, employees, guides, yoga teachers and partners from liability for personal injury, illness, emotional damage, incurred travel expenses or property damage I may incur as a result of participation on this trip.
For the benefit of everyone on your trip, Sojourn Healing Collective reserves the right to accept or reject any participant at any time without liability, and in the event it determines, in its sole and exclusive discretion, that a participant is disruptive to the harmony of the trip, it may without any obligation to pay a refund or any other amount whatsoever, expel such participant from the trip. Sojourn Healing Collective will carry no responsibility or liability for any participant who leaves the trip prior to its conclusion or for any activity undertaken by any participant which is not included on the trip itinerary.
For good and valuable consideration of the services of Sojourn Healing Collective, LLC, its agents, owners, affiliates, officers, employees, independent contractors, and participants (collectively, the “Company”), I agree to release and discharge the Company as follows:
I understand and recognize that the Activities may involve physical and strenuous movement. and as is the case with all physical activity, risk of injury, including serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. The Activities are not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment. The Activities are not safe under certain medical conditions. I affirm that I alone am responsible to decide whether to participate in the Activities. I understand and recognize there are known and unknown risks of the Activities, and I confirm that I am physically and mentally capable of participating in the Activities and using any related equipment. I understand that if my mental or physical condition changes after executing this release such that I am not capable of participating in the Activities or using the related equipment, that I am obliged to cease participating in the Activities and using the related equipment. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in the Activities, including the risks of injury or death. My participation in the Activities is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of such risks. I understand and agree that I am assuming full responsibility for any and all death, illness, injury, and property damage and/or loss that I may suffer, in connection with any and all activities in which I participate in at the Company or under the Company’s supervision, including, but not limited to death, illness, injuries or property damages and/or loss arising from, among other things, (a) negligence or carelessness of the part of the Company, including, but not limited to, negligent supervision, negligent rescue operations, negligent instruction, negligent training, or because of liability without fault, even if caused by the actions or omissions of others, and/or (b) dangerous or defective equipment, facilities or other property owned, maintained or controlled by the Company. I agree that this release constitutes a complete release, discharge and waiver of any and all actions or causes of action against the Company, arising in connection with any and all activities in which I participate while at the Company or through my use of the Company’s facilities for any purpose or activities of any kind or description whatsoever. I agree that I and my spouse, agents, attorneys, heirs, successors and assigns will not make a claim against, sue, attach the property of, or prosecute the Company for injury or damage resulting from negligence or other acts, howsoever caused, by the Company or others as a result of my participation in the Activities or use of the Company’s facilities. I hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Company from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions, while I am engaged in any and all activities at the Company or use of the Company’s facilities for any purpose whatsoever, including any litigation, expenses, attorney's fees, loss, liability, damage or cost which may occur as a result of any such claims. Should the Company be required to incur attorneys’ fees and costs to enforce this release, I agree to indemnify and hold the Company harmless from all such fees and costs. I understand and agree that this release will have the effect of releasing, discharging, waiving, on my own behalf and on behalf of my spouse, agents, attorneys, heirs, successors and assigns and forever relinquishing any and all actions or causes of action that I may have or have had against the Company whether under statutory or common law existing now or in the future, whether past, present or future, whether known or unknown, and whether anticipated or unanticipated by me, arising out of my participation in any and all activities while at the Company or use of the Company’s facilities for any purpose whatsoever. I fully understand that I cannot hereafter make further claims or seek any further recovery of any nature whatsoever against the Company, based upon, arising out of, or in connection with my participation in any and all activities at the Company or use of the Company’s facilities, and I hereby expressly waive all future unknown claims caused by, or alleged to be caused by, any act or omission by the Company. I am aware of and specifically waive the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides as follows: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." This release shall be governed by California law and construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. If any portion of this release is held to be invalid, the rest shall remain in full force and effect. I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in any and all activities at the Company or use of the Company’s facilities, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the Company on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. It is the intention of the undersigned to exempt and relieve the Company and all Company affiliated parties from liability for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death. I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents.
- Confidentiality: All information exchanged during the Program will be kept strictly confidential. Company will not disclose confidential information shared during the Program to anyone else without reason to know such information, unless required by law, ethics, or upon written authorization by Client.
- Notice: All correspondence or notice required regarding the Retreat will be made to Company and to Client at the e-mail address provided during enrollment. Should the Client’s e-mail address or contact information change at any time throughout the course of the Program, it is the Client’s responsibility to update the contact information within seventy-two hours.
- Force Majeure: In the event either Party is unable to perform its obligations under the terms of this Contract because of acts of God, strikes, equipment or transmission failure or damage reasonably beyond its control, or other causes reasonably beyond its control, such party will not be liable for damages to the other party for any damages resulting from such failure to perform or otherwise from such causes.
- Governing Law: This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California and the courts of San Diego will be the sole forum for resolving disputes hereunder.
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and any prior understanding or representation of any kind will not be binding upon any Party, except to the extent incorporated in this Agreement.