69% of conflict in relationships is about unsolvable, perpetual problems often attributed to personality differences. That’s right - conflict in relationships is inevitable and perfectly normal. That’s shocking to many of us who grew up with a notion of happily ever that equates conflict with incompatibility and inevitable failure.
How can we have happy, healthy relationships when conflict is inevitable? By cultivating kindness, empathy, and respect through compassionate communication. Communication is a two-way street, not only is it about communicating your needs and desires, but also listening for those of your partner, to find a satisfactory middle ground for both. Through this lens, conflict then becomes a way to understand yourself and your partner better, thereby enriching the relationship and deepening love.
This workshop is intended for anyone whether single or in a romantic relationship. Due to the subject matter, we kindly request that partners not attend together, to hold the space for understanding the material rather than resolving personal matters. Though handouts will be provided, please bring a journal for note-taking and processing.
In this workshop you will:
- Explore the Compassionate Communication process to diffuse conflict and defensive reactions
- Clarify observations vs value judgements
- Identify feelings and deeper universal needs and wants
- Express needs and wants honestly without blame, shame, attack, or demand
- Take personal responsibility for your response to others when receiving messages that may be critical or hostile
- Practice using Compassionate Communication with peers
-Discover an energetic tool and best practices to help skillfully manage conflict
- Learn about the 5 Love Languages
- Discover your primary love language for expressing and receiving love
- Understand how speaking your partner’s love language can enhance the relationship
- Explore why saying “Yes” is important to maintain healthy relationships
Early bird (register by September 10th): $40
10% Discount for Quartz & Citrine Members
Charlene Corpus is a business and life coach on a mission to embolden others on their hero’s journey, by helping others liberate themselves from the limitations of the conditioned personality, develop personal agency, and embody the highest and best version of themselves with confidence. As both a JRNI Certified Life Coach and a natural shaman by lineage, her work weaves together the hard sciences of positive psychology, neurobiology, and person-centered coaching, with the esoteric knowledge of shamanic healing, energy medicine (reiki and Energy Mastery), meditation, and intuitive gifts to craft bespoke healing prescriptions unique to each person.
Before beginning this work, in her “normal” life Charlene was a life coaching client herself, dealing with the aftermath of an abusive relationship. Ever the data and science geek, she immersed herself in both scientifically-proven and spiritual healing modalities on her hero’s journey through trauma, PTSD, and Kundalini awakening. In her experience it’s only when we work with all aspects of ourselves - mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual - that true transformation and healing is possible.
To learn more, visit: https://www.jrni.co/coaches?name=charlenecorpus